This wickless alcohol laboratory burner is manufactured using a new steel-plated design and allows for higher temperatures and more even heating. The ‘wick’ portion is a ceramic fiber inserted into a thin copper tube. This construction allows for an even, constant flame. The burner is fueled by high quality denatured alcohol which can be found in most local hardware stores (not drug store rubbing alcohol). A draft shield, and flame snuffer.
This is an excellent alternative to the traditional glass alcohol burners. This unit can be tipped and will not leak. The chrome plated tank is fitted with a screw top and rubber gasket for longer burning times. The burner is 3″ wide by 3 1/8 ” high. The alcohol reservoir holds 100ml of denatured alcohol (alcohol not included).
Consider using this burner with an alcohol lamp stand.
- The chrome-plated tank is fitted with a screw top and rubber gasket for a strong seal
- Copper-plated torch replaces the traditional wick for longer burning time
- Uses ethanol (95% denatured ethyl alcohol)
- The unit can be tipped without leakage
- Comes complete with a snuffer cap and draft shield
- Quick Tip – If you’re having a problem seeing the flame, mix a pinch of table salt in with the alcohol. This will increase flame visibility.