Every wonder if your spawn bags or jars are really sterile? Don’t second guess if your substrate has been properly sterilized by using our Autoclavable Sterilized Indicator Tape. Simply put a three or four-inch piece of this indicator tape on each one of your jars or spawn bags. Once you’ve, “cooked” your substrate, if the proper amount of heat and/or pressure has been reached to sterilize, you will see dark lines appear on the white indicator tape, reassuring you that your pressure cooker or steam sterilizer has worked properly.
- The tape is designed for use in a steam autoclave or pressure cooker (dry heat such as inside an over is not acceptable.)
- Dark lines will appear on the white tape after 15 minutes at 121C (250F)
- Will stick to glass, cloth, plastic, and metal without leaving a residue
- Temperature range – 7 to 121C (20 to 250F); Apply at 4 to 49C
- Each roll is 500 inches in length.
Our Sterilized Indicator Tape can be used on: