MS-1 Temperature and Humidity Controller
The MS-1 Temperature/Humidity Controller allows you to control the temperature and humidity within your growing environment. Connect your ventilation equipment (air conditioner, fan, etc.) to the exhaust outlet. Then set your temperature and humidity to the level that you wish to maintain. If either level is exceeded, the exhaust outlets are activated to reduce heat and humidity.
- The MS-1 controls (lowers) temperature and humidity by turning on an exhaust fan.
- The external temperature probe is highly accurate & reliable.
- The indicator light verifies the ventilation equipment is running.
- The MS-1 has two receptacles to connect your cooling device(s).
- The MS-1 is an extremely affordable way to control the temperature and humidity in your growing environment.
CONNECTIONS & OPERATION
There are certain steps that should be taken to ensure a successful installation of your MS-1.
1) Determine the desired location for the MS-1. It should be at plant height and near a 120-volt power supply
2) The external remote temperature probe can be uncoiled to place the probe up to 30″ from the unit.
* NOTE: Do not bend tightly or kink the silver capillary tube!
3) Mount the MS-1 to a wall or other vertical surface. The ventilation slots must be positioned on the top and bottom of the unit.
4) Plug the exhaust fan into one of the two receptacles. (Maximum 15 amps @ 120 volts)
5) Plug your dehumidifier into the lower right side receptacle. (optional)
6) Keep the MS-1 far from any CO2 generator or other sources of high heat to eliminate faulty temperature readings.
7) Adjust the thermostat and humidistat to the desired highest level you want to maintain.
8) Connect the power cord to a source of 120 volt power.
* NOTE: The MS-1 requires free air movement to maintain temperature and humidity accuracy. The top and bottom of the enclosure have ventilation slots to provide airflow for the internal humidistat. We recommend using an oscillating fan or similar air movement device to provide fresh air for the plants and the sensors.
Do not expose the MS-1 to water. Electrical shock may occur.
Do not disable the fuse or put in a fuse that is not rated for 15 amps at 120 volts.
Do not kink the capillary tubing! Your temperature will not read correctly.
Do not open the MS-1. There are no user-serviceable parts inside.
If you would like the option of being able to control both the temperature and humidity independant of each other, consider the MS-2.
- Main power voltage: 120 volts