MS-2 Temperature and Humidity Controller
The MS-2 has the same features as the MS-1 with the exception of separate temperature and humidity outlets. This allows you to control the temperature and humidity independently. Once you have connected your temperature control device (heater, air conditioner, fan, etc) and a humidifier or dehumidifier to the MS-2, your desired temperature and humidity are automatically maintained.
This unit is perfect for both small and large grow operations. It is also ideal for those who wish to simply set their temperature and humidity then walk away!
The MS-2 controls (lowers) temperature by turning on an exhaust fan or AC unit. The external remote temperature probe is very reliable and it can be placed up to 30″ from the unit.
The MS-2 has two standard receptacles to connect your cooling device (fan / AC) and your dehumidifier.
CONNECTIONS & OPERATION
There are certain steps that should be taken to ensure a successful installation of your MS-2.
1) Determine the desired location for the AIR-2. It should be at plant height and near a 120vac power supply.
2) The external remote temperature probe can be uncoiled to place the probe up to 30″ from the unit.
* NOTE: DO NOT BEND TIGHTLY OR KINK THE SILVER CAPILLARY TUBE.
3) Mount the MS-2 to a wall or other vertical surface. The ventilation slots must be positioned on the top and bottom of the unit.
4) Plug the exhaust fan or into the top receptacle on the right side. (Maximum 15-amps @ 120vac)
5) Plug your dehumidifier into the lower right side receptacle. (optional)
6) Keep the MS-2 far from any CO2 generator or other sources of high heat to eliminate faulty temperature readings.
7) Adjust the thermostat and humistat to the desired highest level you want to maintain.
8) Connect the power cord to a source of 120-vac power. * Maximum COMBINED load = 15 amps.
* NOTE: The MS-2 requires ﾓfree air movementﾔ to maintain temperature and humidity accuracy. The top and bottom of the enclosure has ventilation slots to provide air-flow for the internal humistat. We recommend using an oscillating fan or similar air movement device to provide fresh air for the plants, and the sensors.
1) DO NOT expose the MS-2 to water. The plastic enclosure is corrosion-proof, it is not water-proof.
2) DO connect the MS-2 to a source of dedicated 10-amp / 120 vac power.